i think i'll go to boston: "shake and bake"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"shake and bake"

this week has been somewhat eventful...

matt started school on monday and received 110% on his first two quizes (100% plus the bonus question!). he stayed up until 2:00am last night writing his first exposition on james 2:14-26 and tonight he's studying fervently for his first exam on james (by the way, fervent in greek is "energeo" - it's on his test tomorrow). oh the joys of being married to a bible major!!

i have been busy immersing myself into the boston culture trying to find myself around for interviews with staffing agencies. on tuesday i met with a company called beacon hill staffing and paid $22 to park and had to walk 2 blocks in the pouring rain (i'm from oregon - we don't use umbrellas), so needless to say i was a little wet for my first "interview". things went well and i have my first phone screening tomorrow morning. it was located right next to boston common which is by the state house (a historical landmark i think) and the public garden which is supposed to be beautiful (when it's not raining). i passed by the cheers restaurant and pf changs! YES! matt said we could go for my birthday :o)

today i went to back bay in boston which is in the prudential distict (i think). i took "the T" which is public transportation. it was a lot less expensive than driving and parking. i had a short walk to where i was going and took some pictures along the way.

here's a cool building i passed by - i don't know what it is, but i thought it was pretty sweet


here is the trinity church


and the tallest building in boston - the hancock tower


we have no plans for the labor day weekend, so we'll finish cleaning up the apartment and take some pictures for you all to see.

keep praying for a good job to come soon!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ashdown said...

my parents are in town and are going to track you guys down this weekend. i think my mom is stayin in the city for a couple of days after the holiday - so she can show you around town and such. the bull and finch pub is awesome! cant wait to visit and go there with you guys. talk soon.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allie, I love reading about your road trip and new digs. It sounds wonderful. You know how I love a good adventure. I wish I could have gotten together with you before you left. I hope we keep in touch. Text me your email and I'll send some pictures.

Love ya,
Ana
PS: Buy an umbrella!

1:49 PM  
Blogger aca said...

love you!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home